David M. Selva, PhD
Board Member and Scientific Leader / Worldwide expert and KOL on SHBG / Extensive experience on molecular mechanisms regulating SHBG and its role in human disease development / More than 30 papers published in top international journals.
Albert Palomer, PhD
Senior Executive and Development Consultant / Former CEO ABAC Therapeutics and Head of Med Chemistry at Ferrer and Menarini / Boards member and advisor to start-ups in Spain, Belgium, Germany and S Africa / Co-developer of the NSAID analgesic Enantyum® and the quinolone antibiotic Ozanex® / Delivered pre-candidates for pain, inflammation, CNS, malaria and antibacterial therapies.
Rafael Simó, MD, Prof
Head of Endocrinology and Nutrition Department / Deputy Director of Clinical Research at Campus Vall d’Hebron / Professor of Medicine & Endocrinology. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona / President of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes- Eye Complications.
Who are we?
What we do?
How we do?
How we do?
Pathologies Derived from Fat Accumulation
Increased ectopic fat accumulation:
Fatty liver and NASH
- Liver fat accumulation, fibrosis and inflammation leading to cirrhosis.
- Silent disease, low awareness and poor diagnosis.
- Co-morbidities obesity, diabetes, hyperlipidemia and hypertension.
- Undesirable fat deposits in subcutaneous adipocyte.
- Socially subterfuge disease affecting +80% pot-puberal females.
- Scarce science-based innovation in the last decade.
Endolipid proposed strategy:
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
Mimicking SHBG, an innovative new strategy to reduce ectopic fat accumulation.
Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin
- Plasma glycoprotein
- Produced by the liver and secreted Into the blood.
- Binds sex steroids.
- Low plasma SHBG levels related to subjects with obesity, fatty liver, type 2 diabetes and PCOS.
(1) Lipolysis: Sáez-López et al 2020 J Nutr Biochem.
(2) Lipogenesis: Sáez-López et al 2015 and 2017 Endocrinology.
(3) Lipogenesis, Inflammation: Sáez-López et al 2019 JCEM),
(4) Fibrosis: Selva DM et al unpublished.
(5) Inflammation: Yamazaki H et al 2018 Mediators Inflamm.
The ENDOLIPID Technology.
Peptides mimicking SHBG are useful to treat fatty liver diseases and reduce cellulite.
Therapeutic and dermocosmetic applications.
Endolipid (EDL) Peptide Products
Mimicking SHBG, an innovative approach to NASH and cellulite thin pipelines.
Two peptides, EDL3D (Cellulite) is ready for co-development and EDL6D (NASH) is in PoC.